Woodward OH2 Engine Control System
Engine control system for heavy-duty natural gas trucks and buses
Woodward’s OH2.0 system succeeds the OH1.2 system to meet emissions standards up to Euro 5 and US 2010. The OH2 system entered production in 2006, and more than 19,000 are in the field to date.
The OH2 system’s enhanced capabilities provide a high level of both engine and vehicle controls:
- Lean Burn
- SPI and MPI capability
- Knock and misfire detection
Woodward’s OH2 software focuses specifically on the unique software requirements of heavy-duty gas engines. Our strategy is not derived from light duty automotive or diesel algorithms.
These special algorithms for gas engines include:
- FSO/Throttle open for exhaust brake function
- VE compensation for natural gas
- Integrated boost and DBW functions for TCI/throttled engines
- Fuel system lock-off management
- Advanced peak/hold injector control for low impedance gaseous injectors
- Advanced ignition control for 24V systems with primary current management
- Trim fuel system control for low cost systems
- Min/max governor control like diesel
- Humidity compensation
Learn more about Woodward's OH2 systems or where to buy them.
Click on the globe below.